I recently had the honor to interview Josh Taylor.
Josh Taylor is best known for his Youtube channel, Blimey Cow. Blimey Cow does skits and videos about relationships, teenagers, church, and homeschooling. We conducted the interview over email on May 25th, 2016.
Here we go!
1. What is your favorite Awana memory?
JT: Man, I loved playing games. I loved the relays and all that. I was always one of the fastest kids at AWANA so it was always a confidence booster, ha!
2. Do you remember what each letter in SPARKS stood for? (Sparks has changed so much, so we might have different answers.)
JT: So by the time my church started doing AWANA, I was already in the Pals age-range. I never got to be in Sparkies!
3. What is your favorite Blimey Cow video?
JT: Oh man, hard to choose! I really enjoy “Seven Things that Happen When Something Goes Viral.” I like the way that one turned out, and it was a lot of fun to make.
4. I love your homeschool videos. What type of homeschooler were you?
JT: Ha! I was probably the homeschooler who thought I was cooler than I actually was, I’m ashamed to admit.
5. What was your favorite thing about homeschooling?
JT: I loved having the freedom to go outside whenever I wanted to. I also really enjoyed getting to shoot videos with my brother and sister.
6. Were you ever made fun of for being homeschooled? (Submitted by Olivia via Pinterest)
JT: Oh, maybe every once and awhile, but most of my friends were homeschooled, as well. So I didn’t get picked on too badly.
7. How has Blimey Cow progressed since you started? (Submitted by Olivia via Pinterest)
JT: Blimey Cow has become so much more than I ever imagined it could be! I’m grateful every single day that so many people enjoy what we do. I try to never take it for granted!
8. What was your main goal as a channel? (Submitted by Olivia via Pinterest)
JT: I just enjoy having the excuse to hang out with my family all the time. It’s a lot of fun! Also, I like making people think about things that maybe they normally wouldn’t really think about. That is very fulfilling for me.
9. If you were stuck on a desert island and could only have one album to listen to, what album would it be and why?
JT: Oh wow… tough question! Maybe “Hide Nothing” from Further Seems Forever.
10. Where would your dream vacation be and why would it be there?
JT: I love visiting Disney World as often as I can. It’s my favorite place to be!
You can follow Blimey Cow on all social media. You can also subscribe on Youtube for Messy Monday, their weekly series.
If you enjoyed this interview, like, share, and comment below!
Have a good idea for an interview? Do you have a question for your favorite artist? Send it to me using our Contact page above!